Monday, June 30, 2008

Kagome Higurashi

Status: Completed
Debuted: Valentine's Gathering 2003
Time: 2 weeks


Kagome was, back then, a character I greatly desired to be. Making this costume was quite a lot of fun to do, and it was surprisingly simple. Making the skirt was easy, although I had never done pleats before. The sailr top to the shirt was actually made in about five minutes; there was no sewing or anything done on it, it was just cut out and then hot glued to the shirt. It looked really good for a five-minute hack-job, but it didn't last but more then a year before I had to re-design it. The shoes were kind of a hard find but we managed. They weren't quite what I wanted, but I was running out of time to look, so we just went with ones that weren't quite what Kagome wore.

We met another Kagome and even a Koga at that Gathering and we had a lot of fun with those people, making stupid poses and even Koga and Inu-Yasgha going off to piss on a tree. The Kagome that we ran into is pictured to the right of me above. She made a better Kagome then I did (I look horrid with black hair), but my costume was better than hers.

No comments: